Benefits of Fenugreek Powder for Health :
- The dust of fenugreek seeds is extremely beneficial for our cardiovascular system . The spice contains galactomannan, a group of natural polysaccharides (soluble fiber), which promotes the functionality of heart and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Fenugreek is high in potassium and low in sodium. Therefore, the powdered seeds can keep our blood pressure under control and regulate our heart rate efficiently
- Diabetic people can be very much benefited by fenugreek powder . The galactomannan present in the spice is capable of decelerating the absorption rate of sugar into our bloodstream. Additionally, it comprises almost all essential amino acids that can stimulate the production of insulin. Both of these are effective in controlling diabetes.
- Fenugreek seeds have deep positive impact on our gastrointestinal system . It can flush out toxic materials from our body and keep it clean, which eventually results into better digestion.
- Chronic constipation can also be treated with fenugreek seed powder. As it cure indigestion problem, the movement of bowel becomes easier and regular. Moreover, it contains large amount of dietary fiber, which also contributes to constipation.
- Being rich in iron, fenugreek powder is a good remedy for anemic patients . It can increase the amount of hemoglobin in Red Blood Corpuscles (RBC) in our blood and aid anemia greatly.
- Fenugreek powder is one of the most effective natural remedies for women health issues, especially for Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) . It is full of two chemical compounds named isoflavones (certain type of phyto-estrogen) and diosgenin (a steroidal saponin), which give a feel of comfort and relaxation during menstrual cramps. Common signs of menopause like hot flashes, mood swing, etc. can also be reduced with it.
- The diosgenin content of the spice is highly capable of boosting the production of milk in lactating women (12). Hence, fenugreek powder is also a must for would-be mothers as well as moms with newborn babies.
- As said previously, certain chemical substances present in fenugreek possess properties like oestrogen (14). They assist in maintaining the hormonal balance and enlarging the breasts in females.
- Powdered fenugreek is also good for curing high fever and respiratory diseases. It can help us get relief from sore throat and chronic cough.
Benefits of Fenugreek Powder for Skin :
- Fenugreek seeds are known to have excellent anti-bacterial , anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, their dust can reduce skin inflammation caused by wounds, eczema, burns, etc. and accelerate the healing procedure.
- It is a natural anti-ageing remedy. Being rich in niacin or vitamin B3, it can repair already damaged skin cells and regenerate new ones effectively. As a result, we get rid of wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, and so on (18).
- Fenugreek powder can be used as a great homemade facial scrub. Its regular use can lead to a naturally glowing skin by removing dead cells and diminishing blackheads.
- When used in face pack or face mask, fenugreek powder can reduce the oiliness of our skin and make it free from acne .
Benefits of Fenugreek Powder for Hair :
- Fenugreek powder is one of the most effective solutions for dandruff .
- It is a natural treatment for frequent hair fall . It can curb various issues related to hair follicles and make each of our hair strands strong from the roots.
- As it holds plenty of protein as well as nicotinic acid, the growth of hair is stimulated to a large extent. Hence, fenugreek powder is considered as a great therapy for balding hair .
- The spice contains an emulsifying element called ‘lecithin’. It conditions our hair, retains its natural shade and makes it shiny .