Price : ₹ 100.00 / Pack(s)
Business Type : Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier, Retailer
||100gms, 200gms, 900gms
Preferred Buyer From
||Anywhere in India
A few Benefits of Senna Leaf Powder :
- Treatment of Constipation - Being a laxative, senna is effective in relieving constipation. It has been approved by the US FDA as a non prescription drug to treat constipation. Senna stimulates the muscles of the colon to push fecal matter through more quickly. Senna leaf acts on the intestinal walls to cause contractions that lead to bowel movements. It softens stool by enabling the colon to absorb water. It can effectively cure even the most severe cases of constipation.
- Great Colon Cleanser - Senna has been regarded as a “cleansing herb” due to its laxative effects. Senna leaf is used in traditional Chinese medicine to clear away the heat accumulated in the large intestine, helping the body get rid of the stagnant food accumulated in the stomach. Today, it is widely used in cleansing the colon before colonoscopy and other types of colon surgery.
- Treatment of Haemorrhoids - Senna has been found to be effective in the treatment of anal lacerations and haemorrhoids as it helps reduce swelling and facilitates quick healing. Moreover, since it promotes soft stools, it helps cause easy defecation in pathological conditions like anal fissure. This is due to the fact that after oral ingestion, the compounds in senna get absorbed into the intestinal tract, resulting in the separation of non-sugar parts in the colon. These non-sugar components increase the peristaltic movements by irritating and stimulating the intestinal tract. In this way, it speeds up the passage of stools through the intestinal tract.
- Treatment of Intestinal Worms - The laxative properties of senna have been found to be useful in the treatment of worms in the stomach and colon.
- Aids Weight Loss - This benefit of senna is also attributed to its powerful laxative effect. Firstly it helps relieve occasional constipation which often occurs in low fiber weight loss diets. Secondly, being a low calorie, flavourful solution, it helps to boost your fluid intake. Drinking more fluids causes you to eat less. Thirdly, it aids in the elimination of toxins and undigested food in the large intestine. This cleansing and detoxification supports proper nutrient absorption and optimal metabolism, resulting in weight loss.
- Treatment of Skin Conditions - The essential oils, resin and tannin in senna, can alleviate skin inflammation. Senna is used in Ayurvedic medicine for this purpose. It is made into a paste, which can be used as a compress to heal ringworms, wounds, and burns.
- Senna Plant Benefits for Hair - Senna can be used in a similar manner as henna for healthy hair and treatment of hair problems. Some of its benefits for hair are as follows.
- Senna for Strong Hair - Senna can be applied topically to get smooth, shiny, and strong hair. You can prepare a hair pack by mixing senna powder with water and yoghurt. You can add other ingredients like citrus juice, essential oils herbal teas, spices etc for greater effect. Apply it on your hair, taking small sections at a time. Allow the paste to penetrate into the scalp. Cover your head with a plastic bag and allow it to dry. Rinse off after a few hours.
- Great Conditioner - Senna can be used as a conditioner to impart shine besides strengthening and thickening your hair. It is a great option to minimize the adverse impacts of chemical treatments. Initially, your hair might feel rough and dry but the benefits will appear after a few days.
- Combats Hair-loss - Senna not only beautifies your hair but also improves scalp condition and treats dandruff. It adds luster and definition to your hair. Being an excellent conditioning herb, it can combat hair loss as well. It cannot lighten naturally dark hair but will definitely provide deep conditioning. It can be combined with other herbs like Amla and Shikakai for conditioning and other benefits to your hair.